Friday, 20 November 2015

Hi there, and welcome!

First off, I'd like to thank each and everyone for clicking on my blog link, and taking the time to read my very first post on The Tiny Dancer! :)

I shall start this post off with a short introduction of myself. Many of you may know me as Stephy Lyng (based on my Facebook, or my other social media platforms), while some of you may know me personally as Stephanie. I've recently left my job as a PR consultant, to take a leap of faith in pursuing my life-long dream - DANCE.

"What sort of dance?", as many have asked.

Well, I'm a 10-dance competitor and a Teacher-In-Training for both Latin and Standard Ballroom. In short, I'm currently studying dance, which is one of the reasons why I left my job. It was a very hard decision to make, being that both commitments meant a lot to me. After weighing the options for some time, I've decided to follow my dream that I've held on for the last 20 years. #funfact

"Why start a blog?"

The answer is pretty simple. I used to blog when I was in high school. Mostly on topics like studies, (ex)boyfriends, relationships, and other typical high school girl nonsensical chatters. However, 4 years ago, I decided stopped blogging, mainly because of the invention of Facebook and Twitter. Still in the high school girl mindset, I thought that "expressing" on Facebook and Twitter would be so much easier compared to a blog. And I was right, for a while.

As years went by, I slowly outgrew most of my high school girl mindset and learned that most of the time, some "expressions" are best left private. Nevertheless, I've always had this nagging voice at the back of my head when it came to sharing certain topics that I'm passionate about. Sometimes, sharing statuses through Facebook and Twitter just doesn't give me that sense of satisfaction, especially when it comes to my personal progress in dance. That's the main objective and motivator for me to start off this little space of mine. I want to keep track on my progress and growth in my dance journey, and in some ways, I hope that I'd be able to help and inspire those who're looking into venturing the world of dance, and provide some useful insights about this industry .

I've decided to name my blog The Tiny Dancer, simply because I personally felt that the name suited me well, and it does summarize the objective of this space overall. I'd like to thank my close friends at Rantau PR for coming up with this name (which initially is supposed to be my nickname back in office, besides "hamster" for other obvious reasons. #lol). :)

Anyways, the main topic that I'll be focusing on this blog is dance, prioritising on my personal progress and growth, but I'll cover topics in relation to dance as well, like costumes, budget etc. (Note that they'll be majorly based on my personal experiences and encounters) In addition, I'll also cover other lifestyle topics such as food, travel and other miscellaneous stuffs (events, contests etc.), just to add some glimmer to the shine. So please don't hesitate to hit me up with some topic suggestions and/or feedback. I'd truly appreciate it!

I'm currently in progress of writing my first topic, so stay tuned! (Hint: they'll be involving certain celebrities and a "white noise".)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment